CodeIgniter is an open source rapid development web application framework, for use in building dynamic web sites with PHP. "Its goal is to enable to develop projects much faster than...writing code from scratch, by providing a rich set of libraries for commonly needed tasks, as well as a simple interface and logical structure to access these libraries.
CodeIgniter is loosely based on the popular Model-View-Controller development pattern. While view and controller classes are a necessary part of development under CodeIgniter, models are optional.
CodeIgniter is most often noted for its speed when compared to other PHP frameworks.In a critical take on PHP frameworks in general, CodeIgniter because it is faster, lighter and the least like a framework.
CodeIgniter is right for you if
- You want a framework with a small footprint.
- You want a framework that requires nearly zero configuration.
- You need exceptional performance.
- You need broad compatibility with standard hosting accounts that run a variety of PHP versions and configurations.
- You want a framework that does not require you to use the command line.
- You are not interested in large-scale monolithic libraries like PEAR
- You do not want to be forced to learn a templating language (although a template parser is optionally available if you desire one).
- You eschew complexity, favoring simple solutions.
- You want a framework that does not require you to adhere to restrictive coding rules.
- You need clear, thorough documentation.
Website Development Services
Drop your business requirements at firstname.lastname@example.org We provide high quality work that complies with international standards. It's easy, fun and very affordable to outsource your project with us.